LOLceph

Clem

Architeuthis
Supporter
Hi there,

Some of you may be familiar with a ritual of the blogosphere known as "Caturday," or, to those who just can't wait, "Friday Night Cat Blogging." Practitioners post funny pictures of cats with funny, frequently meta or political captions. Then, along came the iconic "I can has cheezburger?", and the meme really took off. Now known as LOLcats, the pics are not unlike the old motivational poster "Hang in there!" with a kittten hanging from a branch, but they're a lot more warped. Thanks to the internets, anyone can now make a LOLcat with this handy LOLcat builder.

Or, you could make a LOLceph.

Here's my swat at the ball, "I can has ur chilean sea bass?"

Clem

Attachments

GPO87

Sepia elegans
Staff member
I just noticed this thread, and thought that I should mention the opening of my little web experiement LOLCEPHZ!!!! I encourage you guys to submit your own, because actual pet pictures are so much cuter than ones I pirate off the interwebz! (I hope to have an uploading feature on soon!)

esquid

Haliphron Atlanticus
Supporter
thanks, i love that picture of the pyjama squid. Although i realized later it is funnier if it's: ur jammies... i haz them

gholland

Haliphron Atlanticus
Supporter
Original photo isn't mine... (Image from Associated Press/KOJI SASAHARA/ Tsunemi Kubodera of the National Science Museum of Japan, HO)

Attachments

gholland

Haliphron Atlanticus
Supporter
Quattro didn't want the krill... but he was more than happy to run off with my stick!

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster

tonmo

Titanites
Staff member
Webmaster
I'm bumping this thread. I'm writing an article called The History of Cephalopods on the Internet and came across this thread -- it had (and still has) some promise. Please add to it freely! :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brittany Schumacher

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards