Live Rock quanitity

Bob the kracken

Wonderpus
Registered
I have a 55 gallon tank, and am planning on a few dwarf cuttles or an octopus of undetermined species. I went out to buy some live rock, but all I could afford was about 20lbs. i was planning to ad more rock as my little buddy or buddies get bigger. is this acceptable?

cuttlegirl

Colossal Squid
Registered
In general, you want about 1-1.5 pounds per gallon. You do realize that the real cost of keeping a ceph is supplying the live food??? If you can't afford the cost of setting up the aquarium, you might want to delay getting a cephalopod until you have a bit more $$$.

Have you considered volunteering at an aquarium? I don't know if there are any near you, but it would be a good way to meet people who love the same things you do and to get some experience caring for lots of sea creatures.

I don't know what part of Texas you are from (and I know Texas is BIG), but there are aquariums in Galveston, Dallas and Corpus Christi.

Bob the kracken

Wonderpus
Registered
I won't have my aquarium till i'm 16 and by then i'll have a job

That was close. you almost disalusioned me. I actually almost gave up. darn you manic depression that runs in my family, darn you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
King.God

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak