• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Live food Providers

A lot of Tonmo people use the aquaculture store for mysids, amphipods, and also larger food like shore shrimp and fiddler crabs.
I've even ordered crawfish from them.

I've never found an aquarium store (LFS)that carries mysids and amphipods, and have never been able to convince one stock them, so you'll have to order online and have them shipped to you.

Nancy

I've dealt with aquaculturestore.com really good customer service! and not too expensive either. plus shipping is included in most of their prices already.

I freeze them. To feed, I thaw and crack open the back of the shell (they attach from the body and stay that way even dead). Kara (sealifeinc.net) has suggested that they often crawl out if left out of the water. I have not tried this but then I would have to feed live (in addition to waiting on them to exit) and I would rather not torture the food.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back