Live fiddler crabs and blue crabs

Discussion in 'Culture' started by sharksunlimited, Apr 13, 2008.

1. sharksunlimited

sharksunlimited Pygmy Octopus Registered

We supply live marine animals and marine feeder animals. We provide live blue crabs and fiddlers from South Carolina. While we do get cephalopods occasionally, we do not target them. However, if you are interested in our local octopi, you may contact us in regard to those as well as feeder animals for your cephs.

We get other crabs like calicos and spiders of various sizes. We can get these in smaller sizes than blue crabs legally (down to 1" wide carapices). If you are interested in crabs, contact us now as we are shipping now and summer is our busy season. Once summer is over we will not carry a ton of these unless there is a need to do so. You can keep your own feeder crab aquaria rather easily and cheaply. So, stock up now.

We are currently shipping blues and fiddlers. Blues sell individually and by size. Fiddlers sell in lots of 25, 50, 75, & 100. We guarantee live arrival. Please, check out our guarantee for feeders which differs from our guarantee for livestock.

Check out our main site, www.sharksupply.com
    under our page for "Fish Food". We supply food for many different species. Our shrimp and fish products that are not live are better than ANY seafood from ANY supplier in the world. They are first grade, same day frozen seafood for maximum quality and the safety of your precious animals. We eat the stuff that isn't the freshest rather than feeding it to our livestock! So, why should you feed your cephs anything less than the freshest? Our seafod gets iced down on the deck! Not once it returns to the dock or gets culled out on the deck.

Our live feeder animals are cleaned or prepped as best as possible to prevent ectoparasites and bacteria. Our feeder systems are maintained absolutely cleanly and disinfected between uses.

We accept checks, money orders, and Paypal. All payment forms other than Paypal instant payment must clear before shipping.

If you are interested, you can email us at
    inquiry@sharksupply.com
    Posted by
    Ken Moran
    Sharks Unlimited
    :snorkel:

2. monty

monty Colossal Squid Staff Member Supporter

:welcome: to TONMO and thanks for letting us know about your business.

3. sharksunlimited

Thank you for having us and such a huge info site.

4. monty

The pleasure is all ours, really.

BTW, if you get an octopus in stock (and this goes for suppliers in general), you might want to mention it over in the the "Octopus Availability" thread over in the "Sources" forum: http://www.tonmo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82 since that's the best place for "we have this octopus available right now," while Marketplace is the best place for the "this is who we are, what we sell in general, what our shipping policy is, what our prices are" sort of stuff, so you put this post in exactly the right place.

cheers!

5. sharksunlimited

Will do.

6. MantisO_0

MantisO_0 Larval Mass Registered

Mmm gonna try this site :)

7. Colin

Colin Colossal Squid Supporter

Hi Mantis

you should post some pics of your mantis shrimps; you should find that many people here quite like them too - welcome to TONMO.com

cheers

8. Nancy

Nancy Titanites Staff Member Moderator

I just looked at the Sharksunlimited website and have a question: do you have all sizes of live crabs, including quite small ones. Most of our octopus keepers have small to medium sized octopuses and they get them when they are quite young. Which crabs come in small sizes? How large are your fiddlers?

Thanks,
    Nancy

9. TarBay

TarBay Blue Ring Registered

LIVE or FROZEN Chesapeake Fiddlers

TarBay Agricultural/Wildlife Research Center
    -The Original Fiddler Crabs Guys-
    located moments north of Hoopers Island MD is again offering
    Fiddler Crabs for sale during the 2008 season.

Our handpicked wild crabs are available in two sizes, #1 and #2. and guaranteed LIVE. We also provide FROZEN Fiddlers Crabs in 12, 24 and 1000 packs.

This year, the 2008 MD Chesapeake Blue Crab winter research harvest was the lowest it has been since 1943. VA and MD have acted together by re-structuring legislature. These crabs are a means to a lifestyle here on MD's lower Eastern Shore. The summer season is responsible for a bulk of yearly income.
    A local population that does one thing very well.
    The watermen of MD ask everyone to prevent further decimation of this natural resource. Please do your part.

While other sources and states may provide a broad selection of baits and foods for many purposes, TarBay is proud to have provided crabs and Eco-tourism to our Cephalopod, Tautog and visiting friends for many years.

TarBay will host the annual "pick your own crabs" day.
    One day each month - June, July and August.

"Come a tourist, Go a friend"

For ordering and details, please visit:

www.unboundground.com/tarbay for dates and times.

TarBay Agriculture/Wildlife Research Center
    Since 1913

C. Smith
    TarBay
    president@unboundground.com:bluering::meso::archi::belemnit::whalevsa:

10. MantisO_0

MantisO_0 Larval Mass Registered

Sure thing! Where would you suggest to post them at?

Brian

11. monty

oops, missed saying :welcome: to TONMO on your first post, so :welcome:! And yeah, there's quite a bit of enthusiasm for stomatopods around here... Journals & photos would be fine, or on the gallery... you might want to put "non-ceph:" in the subject line to reduce confusion, though...

12. DWhatley

DWhatley Cthulhu Staff Member Moderator

Ummm, I was kind of thinking the Cthulhu thread worked expecially if he has a shot or two with glowing eyes! The plain old eating sized shrimp that we brought back from Charleston can look very spooky when their eyes glow. My son (not a kid) turned off his moon light because they were too erie when he woke up at night ;>)

13. sharksunlimited

We do not usually check for replies on our posts. Please, email us with you questions. Fortunately we did catch your question above. YES. We have all different sizes and species of crabs to fill all your needs for various sizes. We will get more in in the next couple weeks. Blue crabs are highly regulated here, so for sizes under 5" wide carapices, we supply the other species of crabs that our local octopi feed on. Lesser blue crabs, blotched swimming crabs, calico crabs and others. Bulk purchases are easier on the pocket books. We will work on a less expensive Priority Mail option for crabs. Just visit our site and use a buynow button for regular orders or email or call us for a custom package. ALSO, it doesn't hurt to email us a photo of your mollusc. We love them and love to see any beautiful species especially rarer ones that you guys are able to keep.

www.sharksupply.com

14. sharksunlimited

Yes, and we have various species of crabs such as the blotched swimming crab the same shape as blue crabs. You need to order now for the mediums and large.

Ken
    843-485-0192 9am to 6PM EST ONLY!!! Call late and wake me up and you will not be sold anything guys!!!

15. jellyman

jellyman O. vulgaris Registered

Hi Ken,
    I placed an order on Friday June 27th that was scheduled to ship/arrive the week of 6/29-7/5. You emailed me saying it did not ship and that it would ship out on Monday 7/7 or Tues 7/8. I've tried to reach you via email and left a phone message. Just trying to find out what the status of the order is. I paid $70 for 50 fiddlers O/N delivery. If the order cannot be filled please let me know and refund money back to paypal. I have a hungry Octo.
    Thanks
    Bryan

16. jellyman

Ken,
    It has been almost three weeks since I placed the order. I finally went ahead and ordered from someone else and asked for a refund. On Monday you responded that I would be refunded my $70 back to paypal but that has not happened yet. What's going on??

17. jellyman

It has been almost 4 weeks since I placed the order that was never sent. Are you ever going to refund my money like you emailed me and said you would a week ago!!!!

18. jellyman

As of today Ken at Sharksunlimited has not refunded the $70 for the fiddlers he did not send. I filed a claim with paypal and he did not respond so they shut his account off and he can no longer use paypal until the dispute is resolved.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. cthulhu77

cthulhu77 Titanites Supporter

Staff will be looking into it.

20. jellyman

Hi Ken,
    It has now been over two months and you still have not taken care of this refund. You are very dishonest and evryone needs to know the truth.