• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

live aquaria question

octomatic

GPO
Registered
hey im sure lots of you guys use liveaquaria.com for an octopus my question is: they offer a pretty sweet 14 day arrive alive guarentee, has anyone on here had to "cash in" so to speak on it? what are the details of that? do you just call and say hey my octo died and they credit you account or is there lots of loopholes like wanting photos of said dead octo and/or water quality tests sent to them?

ive heard lots of good things about the company, im just wondering if they will take my word for it if an octo dies before 14 days or if it is going to be a big hassle and alot of work to PROVE to them that i need a credit or a new octo

I'm not sure but I think their "arrive alive" guarantee is different than their 14 day guarantee. And I don't think it was their website but I have seen on other sites that the 14 day guarantees do NOT apply to exotic, "expert only" items they sell so you better clarify that with them before you buy if you're really counting on the guarantee.

Also, I'm pretty sure they will want photos of the dead animal which isn't unreasonable.
Sue

Maya was from their Diver's den and supposed to be an O.maya. When she arrived I knew otherwise and called within a week telling them that not only was she NOT O.maya but that she was an about to brood female O. hummelincki (had she been O.maya she would have been a baby). I explained that she might survive the 14 days (and yes, the guarantee was there so look for it when you purchase) but that she was guaranteed to die soon and that the hatchlings had no chance of survival. They were exceptional (as has always been my experience) and offered refund of credit. I asked for the credit and waited until they had an Indonesian import and they honored the credit without question.

Deffinately on the lower end of that scale. As far as I know, most people haven't kept one past three months because they often ship ones that are about to brood out looking for food.

They have 2 options on live aquaria. One from indonesia and one from the carribean. Are these the same species?

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back