Literature Suggestions for Term Paper?

Spirula

Cuttlefish
Registered
Hello all! I'm writing a "review-style" term paper for Marine Ecology focusing on the way octopods interact with their physical environment and their potential effects on their ecosystem.

I would really appreciate any literature suggestions - I think this is a really interesting area but can't find tons of research on it.

I'm currently discussing their role as ecosystem engineers and its potential impacts based on the preliminary findings in "Long-term high-density occupation of a site by Octopus tetricus and possible site modification due to foraging behavior". And am also going to talk about the paper where they carry coconuts with them in terms of the octopods as agents of dispersal/vectors for "coconut-shell associates" (I can't think of a better way of putting that...). Wanted to write about another one but I can't get access to the paper :/ (http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/10236248309378613#.VPJqTGRg7AE).

This is an ecology paper and I am focusing more on how octos shape their environment and less on say determining their diet through shells in their midden.

Thank you :smile:

I sent you a message, if you email me I can send you the Ambrose paper that you don't have access too.

Do you hope to get this published? It may be a bit of a challenge to publish a lit review of a topic that you can only find 4-5 articles on. It is quite an interesting area though, good luck!

Thank you very much for your offer. I emailed you.

I don't think it's going to get published haha. I wasn't planning on trying - it's just a class paper. But I'm interested in the subject.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back