List of Our Cuttlefish 2006

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score
magikceph;92742 said:
ok, ok i get what you mean, you don't have to insult anyone about it.
There's more than one way to be insulting, magikceph. I don't think that Thales would be unreasonable to feel insulted that you can't be bothered to read the articles and posts he and many others have written in detail about cuttlefish care, because you'd apparently rather make him (or anyone else) type it in again. That comes across as telling him that his time and effort is much less important than yours. I find that attitude far more insulting than his pointing out that you are coming across as rude. Most of the time, if someone has gone to the trouble to tell you that you are coming across as rude, it's worth asking yourself "what did I do to make this person think I was rude" rather than saying "you've insulted me, so I'm going to get offended."

aristocat

Cuttlefish
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone Know where a guy can find cuttles in newhampshire?
I had a hard time finding octopi and they had to be special ordred in a specialty shop.:confused:

Animal Mother

Architeuthis
Supporter
Reaction score
These are pretty rare animals in the hobby at this point. Your best way to know where to get a ceph is usually here although I don't reckon the availability thread has been updated recently. Most people don't have a LFS that regularly keeps cuttles or octopuses. Most online stores that carry them have them in stock often but yes, you have to pay shipping which is usually around $35 for FedEx overnight. The only place you're likely to find cuttles is here and they are way less common than octopuses.

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score
Painesak73;144450 said:
hmmm... this is going to be trickier than I first thought.
Perhaps we need to ask at venues, they dont normally have a computer sitting in the corner of the pub...
Is there any way in which this post makes sense?

corpusse

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
I think you're best bet is to ask your local reef shop to order some eggs. While not very many stores order them I'm sure its only many of their wholesale lists, they just aren't very profitable thus no reason to bring them in.

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread has wandered off topic. It's supposed to be a list of people keeping cuttles.

flaherty8153 is has 3 sepia bandensis all from different eggs and all at different sizes. He says: I finally have them all in the same tank hoping they will mate .They have been in the same tank for 3 weeks now . Cuttle 1 is 8 months and 3 ", cuttle 2 is almost 2" , and cuttle 3 is 1 1/4" . They are fed live food 2 X a day with no signs of aggression towards each other.

auriel

Hatchling
Registered
Reaction score
noname, 3 cuttles ( Sepia.bandensis), TB , dezember/09 , Europe, Germany , and is not so easy to got cuttle here like told on the page ;oP
anyway great information page...