Lil Pumpkin Picture

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
Just wanted to share with you this new picture of Lil Pumpkin. He was flashing colors, you can really see the blue eyespot and the blue tinge to his body. He attacked a fiddler crab that put up quite a fight! It was amazing to see Lil P's legs in action, trying to grab and drag out this crab from under a shell. Actually it was a female crab and I think they pinch better than the males, as Lil P kept dropping it.

Carol

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Hi Carol,

I always love Lil Pumpkin pics! He's really charming - I always call my husband to come see Lil Pumpkin, too.

We were trying to figure out what the thing to the left with the red stripes is - I give up!

Nancy

neptune

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
He definately does not seem camera shy. 8)

6 months, he seems small too, like Ochi. I imagine he is much bigger but the shells are throwing me off, anything in the photo for a size ref?

corw314

Colossal Squid
Staff member
The rock is, some sort that's safe for saltwater!!!!! Sorry!!! I don't remember but know I got it at a LFS and it was for salt or fresh. Maybe at my LFS later and I'll find out what it is! It's not live!!!

A reference to size, the shell he's on is 4" x 2"! His arm span is about 2". and mantle maybe 1"3/4.

neptune

Haliphron Atlanticus
Registered
Strarge how cameras can give you no sense of size sometime. Ochi's mantle is about the size of a grape. Lil P is a beautiful big baby, thats for sure :D

Members online