• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

lighting for cuttles

jellyfish

Cuttlefish
Registered
hi everyone,
need a bit of advice on lighting.
my bandensis wont really come out during day light hours .
I was wondering if they will eventually come out during the day as they get older ,as for lighting what colour would allow me to watch them at night without causing them any distress blue or red ?

thanks smalljerm i thought i saw something in a mag about lighting just wasnt sure what colour .
do you know if s. bandensis eventually come out during the day?? i have t8 one blue and one marine white and two t5 both marine white.

From what i know, they would eventually come out in the day , esp if your feeding time is in the day, they would come out when your around once they are accustomed and settled down.

Thanks guys my cuttles are around 2months old and a little over 1 inch or so long.
Really beautiful creatures i never get fed up with watching them.
It should be much better when they start to appear during the day (not getting much sleep) but they are getting braver.

The lights i mentioned previously are on during the day as i have corals in the same tank would these bother them during the day??
Thanks again :smile:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back