• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Lightin woes

rudy

O. bimaculoides
Registered
I have my octo under a normal flourescent light however wanted to add some corals for look so switched to a HO t5 setup just a double strip. My octo activity has gone from a lot to very little. i am just wondering if this would have any thing to do with the lighting? Eating fine, just not as out of the rock pile as normal. Could this just settling.

Tank is a 54 gallon bow. He is abotu a month, eating like a pig and extremely healthy

Some octopuses are nocturnal but not all. Yes, the new lighting could very well be the reason you're not seeing your octopus much.

You shouldn't be keeping any anemones or stinging corals in your octo tank. Some of the low-light corals like mushrooms or leather coral could be grown in a lower-light tank and you could still have your octopuses (and see it more).

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back