• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

life spans

thecount1

Hatchling
Registered
what octos live the longest?? i could do anything up to a 55g tank..including that dangerous BRO..i hear they die very quickly though...same thing that happens to you if you touch them!
cheers
keith

in a 55, your best bet is going to be a captive bred bimac...a lot of our members have had great success with them, all easily obtainable through octopets or fishsupply...
don't forget to enter your tank into the Tonmo database...that way Nancy, Carol, Colin and others can view the information to see what is happening, and answer your questions...
greg

:welcome: I agree, that a bimac is a wonderful first octo experience. My one, Ink lived with me for 10 months and we figured he was around 14 months old. They also have been compared to being the Labradors of the octopus species, as they are so friendly and inquisitive!

Carol

Hi and welcome to TONMO.com!

Yes, the bimac would be your best choice. They're also being tank bred, rather than wild caught, which is another advantage. They're active during the day, too, which means you'll see a lot of their activities.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back