LFS's stink!

XenoMorph2049

Cuttlefish
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, all of my local dealers apparently have the same supplier of Common, Uncommon, and Bluering octo's. No specifics or spiecies info available. Where can I get a "mail-order octo" online thats reliable, pre-inks there octos, and has a live delivery guarantee? I was going to try Dr.foster smiths, but they have only "brown" or "two spot" octos. What would be the best spiecies for a first? From the looks of it, a bimac looks like thae octo of choice.

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, there are two places to order bimacs:
FishSupply (where I got Ollie, I'm very pleased with them)
and
Octopets
listed in Buy Sell and Trade on our Forum Index

They both treat their baby octopuses kindly.

Nancy

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Reaction score
You'll have to contact them for the details. People have been very pleased with the delivery, and as far as I know, all Tonmo members who ordered received an octi in good condition, including myself.

Nancy

XenoMorph2049

Cuttlefish
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Nancy! This has been one of the most helpfull forums Ive been on and definately plan on keeping a close eye on it. As soon as I get My tank setup and cycled, I'll be ordering.

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Reaction score
FishSupply sold wild-caught octopuses before it could get the tank raised ones. There were a few tank raised octos available before I got Ollie, but by the time my tank was ready, they were back to wild caught.

I think the difference in getting a wild caught octo was that Ollie was more afraid at first, probably having been chased by all sorts of things that wanted her for dinner. She was very watchful and shrank at shadows. I'm glad she learned to relax and have a happy life.

Also, she was larger, and therefore probably older than the baby bimacs that are tank raised. (Her mantle was 1 inch, arms 2 inches)

Nancy

sideways

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
I also got a wild caught from fishsupply the same time Nancy got Ollie. I was very pleased with their service. Although I will probably give octopets a try next time. THey don't usually pre-ink them because this causes un-needed stress, they rarely ink in the bag anyway. Goodluck, John

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Registered
Reaction score
that's true about the ink, i have never received an 'inked in' bag.... have had a DOA but no ink

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Exotics and Rare Species 0
T ID Requests 5
brent&kitty420 ID Requests 48
skywindsurfer ID Requests 7
iAlex ID Requests 17

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonny

Monty Awards