LFS Dwarf

iAlex

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
I was my LFS (where I just applied for a job) and they had an octopus for their first time. I'm pretty sure that its a merc, but I'm not sure.

Photo0178.jpg

Photo0179.jpg

[video]http://s747.photobucket.com/albums/xx120/alex_smith14/?action=view&current=Video0017.mp4[/video]

I should have some better quality pics up soon.

Good luck on your job application! At a quick glance, it definitely gives the impression of a merc but trying to look for any details needs tomorrow's pictures :biggrin2:.

Upvote 0
Thanks, it'll be my first job if I get it. :bugout: It stayed pretty much in that position for most of the time I was there today, maybe it'll be more active tomorrow.

Upvote 0
Good luck with the job. I hope you enjoy it. I only worked at one pet store before and I didn't like the way they ran things. They just kept the animals alive enough to sell them and didn't allow me to keep their enclosures as clean as they should be. Take a scrub brush with you tomorrow as well and ask them if they know what it is and more importantly what it is for lol.

Upvote 0
Actually, the visible algae should not hurt a thing and the water looks clear. However, giving the noctural animal a shell would be most thoughtfully in its best interest (but not for viewing I am afraid).

Upvote 0
Sadly, they don't know much about octopus; I'll mention it to them tomorrow. Earlier this week they didn't have the the rock on the cup and the octo was out and trying to get in to the tank below it which had 8 cleaner shrimps. Since then they wanted to keep an eye on it and know if it had escaped. :roll:

Upvote 0
iAlex;173046 said:
That just makes no sense, why wouldn't they want that? :hmm: But you work at an aquarium now, right? That has to be fun. :smile:

Because it would cost more money than they were willing to spend on each animal. Yes I do work at an aquarium now, and it has it's ups and downs. Contrary to popular believe, it's not always fun and games at a public aquarium. There can be really stressfull days.

Upvote 0
DWhatley;173047 said:
Actually, the visible algae should not hurt a thing and the water looks clear. However, giving the noctural animal a shell would be most thoughtfully in its best interest (but not for viewing I am afraid).

I was just saying that for professional appearance. I know it's not going to hurt anything, but when I think of showcasing animals I think they should be in a clean and presentable. I'd like to see more pictures of the rest of the place. I'm not passing judgement but it looks like a small shop rather than a large business from what I could see of the tank design, but I could be wrong.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the bump, but I just wanted to update. Sadly, it is still in the store. :frown: But they put in a clam shell that it moved into almost immediately. It isn't visible at all anymore because of it's new shelter. Plus, I got the job. :biggrin2:

Upvote 0

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back