Let's play.... NAME THAT BIZARRE CEPHALOPOD!!!!

Name that octo...

I would call it "puss" as I call almost everything puss...

sorry, but it a long slow and very boring afternoon here in book cataloguing land... :bugout:
KRin

NickA5582 said:
This ceph has proportionally the largest eyes of any animal in the world.

Aahhh..........obscure pub quiz moment.

Technically speaking, Architeuthis does not have the largest eye in the animal kingdom, though it has the largest eye of any currently living animal that we know of (except Mesonychoteuthis?).

In fact, the Jurassic ichthyosaurs Ophthalmosasaurus and Temnodontosaurus platyodon both had eyes that were larger. Temnodontosaurus had plates behind the eye that showed it had an eyeball of over 26cm.

There you go! Fact-o-rama.

Phil said:
NickA5582 said:
This ceph has proportionally the largest eyes of any animal in the world.

Aahhh..........obscure pub quiz moment.

Technically speaking, Architeuthis does not have the largest eye in the animal kingdom, though it has the largest eye of any currently living animal that we know of (except Mesonychoteuthis?).

In fact, the Jurassic ichthyosaurs Ophthalmosasaurus and Temnodontosaurus platyodon both had eyes that were larger. Temnodontosaurus had plates behind the eye that showed it had an eyeball of over 26cm.

There you go! Fact-o-rama.

Arrrrrrrrgh..... not supposed to learn on weekends....

Anybody got more odd cephs?

DocidicusGigas said:
Taningia Largea?

Whatever... Holy crap, that's one ugly dead squid.

You should clarify that the squid, while perhaps ugly in death, is in fact most resplendent in life. Certain members must not be offended, unless you wish to incur the wrath of a world-class wit... :wink:

The ceph many doctors argue should not be allowed to see patients as it never really attended medical school...

What am I thinking of?

Zoidberg: "Well, if it isn't the hypochondriac... what's wrong with you today?"
Fry: "Well, my lead pipe hurts a little."
Zoidberg: "That's normal, next patient!"

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back