Let's play.... NAME THAT BIZARRE CEPHALOPOD!!!!

Clem said:
That's damn good, Tintenfisch, but not the critter I was thinking of. You've got three of the letters in hand...you must be holding back.

Aw, shucks. :roll:

Indeed... I think the name came up as a pun on another forum? I will let others guess. I suspect the answer is almost unique.. :wink:

NickA5582 said:
The most sexually dimorphic cephalopods.
:usa:

Hmmmmm. Could be any of Argonautidae (Argonauta spp.), Ocythoidae (Ocythoe), Tremoctopodidae (Tremoctopus spp.) or Alloposidae (= Haliphronidae, Haliphron ). I need more clues for this one.....

Re the telephone one .... first letter O, last letter A? (Tintentoontipplekakafish told me....)

Adding to the insanity...

1. Bermudan....
2. May not exist....
3. Enourmous- 200 feet long.....

Let's see you work this out!

PS- it's a loch ness monster kinda thing, so if you're researching, don't try cephalopod sites. You won't find it.

Steve O'Shea said:
NickA5582 said:
The most sexually dimorphic cephalopods.
:usa:

Hmmmmm. Could be any of Argonautidae (Argonauta spp.), Ocythoidae (Ocythoe), Tremoctopodidae (Tremoctopus spp.) or Alloposidae (= Haliphronidae, Haliphron ). I need more clues for this one.....

One of them is right, two more clues

1. Nobody has kept one alive in an aquarium for two weeks
2. The females egg cases are prized finds for beachcombers.

Now that Steve knows exactly which one it is, lets have someone else guess.

Re: Adding to the insanity...

DocidicusGigas said:
1. Bermudan....
2. May not exist....

Let's see you work this out!

PS- it's a loch ness monster kinda thing, so if you're researching, don't try cephalopod sites. You won't find it.

Only thing I can think of is Kraken.... :meso:

Clem said:
Squid whose name sounds like a mobile-phone maunfacturer...

A squid who's trying to gobble up other squid's names and replace them with its own...

A squid named named Onykia.

DosidicusGigas said:
1. Bermudan....
2. May not exist....

Is it that pesky old Octopus giganteus? Believed by some Bermudans (incl. "monster hunter" Teddy Tucker) to be responsible for various sinister acts, including serial lobster theft and malicious destruction of fishing equipment?

Clem

Here's another non existent ceph:

Amphibious.
Natural enemy is Sasquatch.
Habitat is being destroyed.

Only one link where you can find the answer, it's somewhere in this site...

NickA5582 said:
[One of them is right, two more clues

1. Nobody has kept one alive in an aquarium for two weeks
2. The females egg cases are prized finds for beachcombers.

Now that Steve knows exactly which one it is, lets have someone else guess.

Hmmmmm. I'll wait for someone else to pick it. I had them alive for > a week, but I can't remember exactly how long. It's all about procuring the right diet (they eat quite a lot of large, live fish and crustacean). We collected quite a few magnificent specimens in the upper 10 metres off the Wairarapa Coast, southeast North Island, New Zealand. Alive they are quite lovely!

At sea I had placed them in a recirculating system (rather than flow-to-waste), and when they died someone turned to me and said 'sorry, forgot to tell you but I've always thought that the ink of this think was toxic'. I wish that they had recalled this gem earlier on! That stuck, but I don't know who did the work to show that this was the case, if published (one did ink quite seriously during relocation); perhaps someone knows of a reference out there.

Again, a non existent cephlapod. I'm looking for its specific name....

Is a mean drunk :beer: :arrow: :yelling:
Lives in an apartment with another octopus :tentacle: :tentacle:

When drinks get angry eyebrows.

Is pictured on WhiteKiboko's Avatar.

Last Hint: :rainbow: :arrow: :octopus:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back