Let's play.... Cephword!

Based upon no particular rating system, so far um... is the TONMOer to beat when it comes to the longer words (despite that little faux pas with the proper noun "Hittite")! Everyone else, of course, is doing a great job as well. How about this next challenge (remember, a proper noun as a puzzle starter word is OK):

JACQUES COUSTEAU

I'll begin with....

sea - set - sat - cat - jet - cut - sue - cot - sac - eat
seat - suet - jute - cute - case - cast - cats - cots - sacs -sate
sates - asset - caste - costs - casts - seats - queue - scout - squat - scats
cosset - squats - castes - scouts - causes - coasts - queues - jousts - ceases - quests

Next taker?

TaningiaDanae said:
Based upon no particular rating system, so far um... is the TONMOer to beat when it comes to the longer words (despite that little faux pas with the proper noun "Hittite")!

I wasn't sure whether we were considering languages to be banned under the 'no proper names' rule. Won't let it happen again, ma'am.

Neil

JACQUES COUSTEAU

jot act ate ute use cue see ass suq qat
oust outs aqua jest just coat taco east teas aces
quest coast cause cease tease sauce ascot setae quote oases
stucco cactus coquet accuse caucus access sautee accost equate quotes

extra points for au jus? :smile:

How about some anatomical ceph words? Here's one that's been on my mind recently:

CHROMATOPHORES

This should take more than two people to exhaust.

Neil

OK, I'll just play with myself.

CHROMATOPHORES

act ate ear her hot ore pea sea she tar
ache atom hear mote pore ream seat soap taro tear
chore horse metro perch react smear sperm storm teach tromp
hearth morose pathos presto search stroma throes sharper stomach trochophores

Neil

Ok here goes :

Chromatophores

Pat, mat, toe, poo, moo, top, hat
More, core, rate, rear, pear, mare, hare, rest, crop, chat
Pores, mocha, porch
Spores, chrome, porche

um... said:

You know, if you keep doing that you will end up with spermatophores all stuck to your feeding tentacles, and the teuthologists are gonna laugh at you just like they did with the others. When will you Archis ever learn?

um... said:
CHROMATOPHORES

poem, strop, poems, photo, photos, parrot, parrots, strophe

TaningiaDanae said:
um... said:
You know, if you keep doing that you will end up with spermatophores all stuck to your feeding tentacles, and the teuthologists are gonna laugh at you just like they did with the others. When will you Archis ever learn?

:lol:
That's disgusting.

TaningiaDanae said:
um... said:

I'm so glad that someone took the bait. I'm especially glad that it was someone who could so ably drag it down to abyssal depths...

Missed ya fer a couple days there.

:heee:

Neil

um... said:
I'm so glad that someone took the bait. I'm especially glad that it was someone who could so ably drag it down to abyssal depths...

How could I resist a bait so odiferous? I caught the scent and just had to surface for a bite.

um... said:
Missed ya fer a couple days there.

:heee:

'Tis heartwarming to be thus missed. I had this disgusting complication from a tooth extraction -- believe me, you don't wanna know.

Anyway, I'm much better now. Mu-u-u-u-u-ch better....

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!

:twisted:

joel_ang said:
I had this disgusting complication from a tooth extraction -- believe me, you don't wanna know.

I do wanna know :heee:
Tell me yours and I'll tell you mine :biggrin2:

OK, you asked for it:

Ever hear of "dry socket"? (a.k.a. alveolar osteitis, a.k.a. I Wish Osama Bin Laden Had This Right Now) It's a charming condition where the blood clot at the extraction site fails to form properly, falls out, and leaves a gaping hole with exposed bone at the bottom. It is painful as hell and requires treatment with repeated applications of medicated "socket packs" by the oral surgeon -- I went through five of them -- as well as home treatment with painkillers, Rx antiseptic mouth rinse, and warm-water irrigation of the opening with a syringe after every meal. So far I've been told that I can stop the Rx rinses by Tuesday, but I'll have to keep irrigating the opening until it closes completely -- which could be up to two months.

So, is that sufficiently detailed for you? :yuck:

Your turn, joel.... let's hear all the gory details as you promised!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back