'Legs' - O. briareus

Been in the Bahamas for 18 days working, I just got back and will update soon with pics.

ok i'll give a brief update...
Legs is doing great!!! she grew alot while i was gone. she has a very steady diet of 3 frozen minnows a day, and the occasional live shrimp. she still has all of her tank mates. I have a second tank ready if I see any aggression but so far everyone is getting along great......to be continued

Her eyes change from blue to green to yellowish with the pupil always being black. She loves to change color, ALOT! I'll try to get some shots in the morning of her, and her eyes.

Sooo to continue Legs is doing great, She has become extremely social, wants to play constantly and spends very little time hidden. She loves to feel around outside the tank when I have eth lid open, I have to be very careful to keep my eye on her, or she tries to get some fresh air......

some new video....

http://www.tonmo.com/forums/vbtube_show.php?do=tube&tubeid=76&t=17938

Attachments

• conv_294577.jpg
    conv_294577.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 85
  • conv_294578.jpg
    conv_294578.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 107
So far all my attempts at toys have failed. the most successful was a toy submarine that she carried around for about three minutes then let it go and ignored it. She likes yo play with me and with the bamboo feeding skewers.

I had the same experience with a bimac. I could never interest Ollie in any toy, but she loved to play with me - with my hand, or a stick I was holding, or try to get me to play with the cleaning magnet.

However, she did have a couple of "possessions" she kept in her den - an olive shell, very polished, and a little two inch glass bottle with a shell in it. She slept with her arm around this little bottle. Does Legs have any possessions?

Nancy

sticks! she collects and arranges feeding sticks, her favorite one is my fancy acrylic one, she wont let me have it back, in fact I'm not sure how she got it in her den, all 24" feeding stick in a 4" by 6" den, but she does hold it every so often.

Interesting, SueNami does not seem to collect anything but Kalypso did. Perhaps it is the fact that he can't see anything in his den. Beldar would capture the bamboo stick but never attempted to own it. Once she was bored with she released it and that was never more than 15 or 20 minutes after capture.

YES! I did it, I finally made a toy she likes! been playing with it for over two hours now, well played for 30 seconds and is just holding it at the top of the tank and curling and crawling all over it. :sink:

I took a florescent orange fishing float and tied it to a silver and blue sinking fishing lure that I cut the hooks off.

Attachments

• conv_294582.jpg
    conv_294582.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 74
  • conv_294584.jpg
    conv_294584.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 94
I forgot about SueNami and the floating ice cube (plastic). He ignores it now but but would hang on to it for a long time after retrieving the food at the end. Carol has had luck with several octos and a large Lego block. Two of them discovered that they could "ride" it by shifting their weight.

Ok, we are done with that toy, now she is just staring at me waiting to see what I come up with next...I went to bed with her glued to my every movement and woke up to her still staring at me...I'm going to pick up a dozen extra big and juicy live shrimp, I saw they were on sale for $1.25/dzn yesterday.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back