'Legs' - O. briareus

DSCN0346.jpg

DSCN0347.jpg

DSCN0348.jpg

DSCN0349.jpg

DSCN0350.jpg

The bright white bottom with peach/red mantle are my favorite color displays for briareus. They really are the prettiest of all I have personally seen in photos (and my minimal species live experiences).

Last night I had a longtime friend over that is a professional photographer. He shoots both nature photography and he does modeling shoots. So anyway I got him to come over with all his lights and fancy cameras and we did a photo shoot of Legs. these are the best 12.

_DSC4730.jpg

_DSC4726.jpg

_DSC4723.jpg

_DSC4712.jpg

update:

HUGE OCTOPUS!!!!!

she now eats up to three shrimp three times a day, yes NINE SHRIMP A DAY!!! :bugout: The last three days I have been only giving her six a day, but now she is constanly begging for them, and she shows alot of aggresstion toward me.

Her mantle is growing at least 2-3% a day(correction it's 2% a week). It has come to the point we I really feel my tank in too small for her. she can no longer free swim and instead moves around with her arms touching at least three sides of the tank at all times. she also spends less time in her den and more time on the glass just outside the den.

another behavioral note, she collected some stuff i placed in the tank(an all glass block, a poker chip, and a few native shells), made i nice pile near her den, then destroyed it and literally threw the collection everywhere, the poker chip landed in the overflow!!

....oh look she's begging again :roll:

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back