[Cuttlefish Eggs]: Lazarus, Nib, Blot and Rorschach - Sepia bandensis journal

cuttlegirl

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Reaction score
Awww. :baby:. Try shining a light in the deepest, most inaccessible crevice in the tank, I'm guessing you will see more. Five months was about the time mine started laying (and laying, and laying...).

ekocak

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
Reaction score
Nib has continued to mate and has laid more eggs. I can't tell exactly how many, as she has a hideout in the most inaccessible spot in the tank. Sometimes her mate (seems to be Rorschach, the biggest male usually), hangs out in her den with her. If I release food into the cave, she eats it, but she does not like leaving the safety of the den. The males still regularly come to the front to beg.

ekocak

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
Reaction score
Well, Nib, the female passed away last night. She had been mating even up to the day before, and eating, but had started to seem sort of..."clumsy" over the last week? She was a bit over 7 months old. The other 3 males seem to be OK still.

ekocak

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn't seem that there were. Whenever I tried separating any eggs they withered after about a week. I stopped trying to collect them, so if there were any, they would've hatched in situ.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Cephalopod Journals 6