[Cuttlefish Eggs]: Lazarus, Nib, Blot and Rorschach - Sepia bandensis journal

ekocak

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
Reaction score
Right now I'm thinking I may have 2 males (Rorschach and Laz) and 2 females, (Nib and Blot) but it's hard to be sure. They really only do the displaying at this point when squabbling over hiding spots in the rock work. I've definitely seen the 2 bigger cuttles do the display. They don't seem to end in aggression though, they tend to display and then just one of them will leave the spot they're fighting for. There's one particular little cave they seem to really like.

ekocak

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
Reaction score
Hey! Yes! I have a bunch, just haven't gotten around to putting them on YouTube. If you're on Twitter I did post a bunch of them there as @BlackMudpuppy. I will update my thread soon. I think I have mostly males as Ive been seeing a ton of displaying at each other. Also, I tried offering them some small crabs last night, but they weren't interested yet.

ekocak

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
Reaction score
I attempted to upload some videos from my phone, but I think it doesn't like the straight .MOV files from my iPhone, so I ended up uploading them to YouTube. Here are some threat display footage:

I've got some feeding and other stuff uploading, will post them shortly.

Jocco

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
Reaction score
vahoo footage! how cool! I'm on twitter, but my handle isn't very family friendly, lol. I'll go poke around now. Thanks for the vids! They're funky lil creatures :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Cephalopod Journals 6