Kobayashi - A. aculeatus Worried about New Arrival

Dools

GPO
Registered
I received an octopus through LiveAquaria this past Tues, 02/07. It is listed as from Indonesia. I was able to give him a small piece of shrimp right out of the bag, but he (not sure of the sex) has not eaten since. Today I tried a few live feeder shrimp and he caught one and I thought ate it, but about 15 mins later it was released uneaten. He also caught another one and held on to it for awhile, but also released it. Up until today he stayed hidden while the lights were out, but today is out and at the top of the tank (as the picture will show). I am worried that he hasn't eaten since Tues and wondering if I have a sick or dying octopus. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Dools

Attachments

• conv_305095.jpg
    conv_305095.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 121
Cool, Looks like an aculeatus to me. I have had a few of theses from LA. Like many octos it can take a few days to a week for them to be comfortable in their new environment. It may be a good idea to check the water parameters to be safe and do a water change if needed. but most likely the new guy is just settling in.

Thanks CaptFish, that is encouraging. He did indeed come from LA. I'll check to make sure the water is OK. His colors look good, so I'll try to be patient and let him show me when he is hungry. I'll keep you posted on his progress.

:welcome: Definitely check your water. Anytime an issue was starting in one of my tanks, the first sign was them up at the waterline. He looks like a decent size. Good luck!

Thanks. I did a small water change already, but will definitely have my LFS do very detailed water check for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back