kia ora, from Octosquid aka Pamela

Octosquid

Pygmy Octopus
Supporter
Hi, I'm new here and I think I must be a squid geek. This strange state of affairs has arisen because I work at Te Papa, Wellington, NZ - home of the colossal squid. I'm part of the team that helped develop the colossal squid exhibition, which opened to the public today. So I've spent the last 6 months learning lots about squid and becoming very close to Mesonychoteuthis.

You could say I'm hooked....
:mesonych:

sorseress

Colossal Squid
Supporter
:welcome: I'm so glad you have joined us here. We're getting quite a contingent of Te Papa people here.

sorseress

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Ok, so what does NIWAitesstand for? The NI might mean North Island, but the rest ....I'm clueless.

erich orser

Architeuthis
Supporter
Registered
:welcome: Octosquid! Must visit Te Papa when I head to NZ some day! I second the Supporters forum suggestion!

Jean

Colossal Squid
Supporter
:welcome: Octosquid from the deep dark south!! I plan on popping up to Welly just to see the girl after Christmas!

J

stickybeak

Cuttlefish
Registered
Jean;129885 said:
:welcome: Octosquid from the deep dark south!! I plan on popping up to Welly just to see the girl after Christmas!

J
Hey Jean - am a deep dark south girl myself - Dunners but now workin alongside Pamela up in Windy wellie.

Yeah - the colossal on display is very cool, and the website is bloody good - you did a great job Octosquid!:smile:

Octosquid

Pygmy Octopus
Supporter
Thanks

Thanks to all for the warm welcome! If anyone is coming through to Wellington do let us know, and one of the squid fans here at Te Papa will be very happy to show you the colossal squid exhibition.:mesonych:

If you visit the website you can even Build your own Squid...hours of fun for the Christmas holiday season.

Members online

No members online now.