• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

kia ora, from Octosquid aka Pamela

Octosquid

Pygmy Octopus
Supporter
Hi, I'm new here and I think I must be a squid geek. This strange state of affairs has arisen because I work at Te Papa, Wellington, NZ - home of the colossal squid. I'm part of the team that helped develop the colossal squid exhibition, which opened to the public today. So I've spent the last 6 months learning lots about squid and becoming very close to Mesonychoteuthis.

You could say I'm hooked....
:mesonych:

monty

TONMO Supporter
Staff member
Supporter
:welcome: to TONMO, and congrats on the opening!

sorseress

Colossal Squid
Supporter
:welcome: I'm so glad you have joined us here. We're getting quite a contingent of Te Papa people here.

myopsida

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
Octosquid;129737 said:
Mesonychoteuthis.

You could say I'm hooked....
:mesonych:

Squid's done gone finish, on display . . . for 3 years.
Must read the job description to see what I'm supposed to do.....

baldtankman

Wonderpus
Supporter
sorseress;129756 said:
:welcome: I'm so glad you have joined us here. We're getting quite a contingent of Te Papa people here.
Go Kiwis! and NIWAites

sorseress

Colossal Squid
Supporter
Ok, so what does NIWAitesstand for? The NI might mean North Island, but the rest ....I'm clueless.

erich orser

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
:welcome: Octosquid! Must visit Te Papa when I head to NZ some day! I second the Supporters forum suggestion!

stickybeak

Cuttlefish
Registered
Jean;129885 said:
:welcome: Octosquid from the deep dark south!! I plan on popping up to Welly just to see the girl after Christmas!

J
Hey Jean - am a deep dark south girl myself - Dunners but now workin alongside Pamela up in Windy wellie.

Yeah - the colossal on display is very cool, and the website is bloody good - you did a great job Octosquid!:smile:

Octosquid

Pygmy Octopus
Supporter
Thanks

Thanks to all for the warm welcome! If anyone is coming through to Wellington do let us know, and one of the squid fans here at Te Papa will be very happy to show you the colossal squid exhibition.:mesonych:

If you visit the website you can even Build your own Squid...hours of fun for the Christmas holiday season.

Members online

No members online now.