• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Keeping multiple octo's

I've never done it, but from what I hear, most likely one will kill and eat the other one. Normally, an octo is kept in a species tank. However, it is possible (but risky) if they are both roughly the same size, you have a much larger tank than normal, and you keep them well fed.

Hi there! As I am sure you'll get a lot of feed back on the subject. I have learned from personal experence that this is not a good idea. I kept Harvey and Henry in a 180gal, and it didn't take long for Henry to *sniffle* take Harvey to the neither world. I kept them pretty well fed, as much as they would pounce on every day, and occasionally a little more, so they might have a snack when I was asleep. Well, hope this helps in your decision making model. What sp. are you considering, where are you ordering from, where is the sp. from etc..,

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back