[Octopus]: KaySoh - O. briareus

The species we most commonly see have a lifespan of about a year, the bimacs seeming to live 18 months if kept cold (Roy had one that lived almost 3 years but that is the only record we have of any octopus living that long). Since most that we keep in an aquarium are wild caught and vary in age, we can only make conjecture about how much time we will have with them. I did not release either of my mercatoris broods to the main tank until they were 5 months old and they were still very recluse for about a month. Using this as a go by, observing the one species that seems to be somewhat age identifiable by mantle size (O. briareus) and recording the reported deaths, six to eight months would be my expectation for a young octo and 3 max months for an adult.

Roy and KaySoh

When Squidboymom was looking for interesting ceph ideas to promote Roy's interest, I wrote and mentioned that KaySoh had been preserved and was available. Happily, dead octopus in a jar was right up Roy's interest alley and he now has charge of KaySoh. She probably won't turn his interests to octopus over squid but hopefully he will expand his cephy interests to include them (I am hoping for a drawing :biggrin2:)

Attachments

• conv_298193.jpg
    conv_298193.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 102
  • conv_298194.jpg
    conv_298194.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 129
  • conv_298195.jpg
    conv_298195.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 132

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back