Just who is this Cthulhu guy anyway?

erich orser said:
No postmark whatsoever - it looks like it was hand-delivered, but all the likely suspects down here have been ruled-out, as it was either done while they were at work or they don't have my actual address (my searches online to determine this still bring up former addresses. Everything here is in Rebecca's name). The Flying Spaghetti Monster adds to the mystery as the only folks I know who are aware of this, er, religion are via online corespondance at tonmo.com.

Well, for what it's worth, I've seen references to the FSM from non-TONMO friends. Of course, my friends are pretty odd, but, er, I got the impression at the batshow that some of your friends might be a bit on the fringes as well :roll:-- I think the FSM stuff has developed quite a following in the, er, "interesting people" community...

Speaking of people I met at the bat show, did you watch the Calamari Wrestler Howard got you yet, and did his copy of the CoC movie arrive (and have you seen it?)

I have a friend-of-a-friend who does forensic DNA analysis, but I don't know her well enough to ask her to run the envelope for you, I'm afraid...

Don't worry about it. The culprit will probably be incapable of keeping to it themselves indefinitely.

Uh, yes, based on The Bat Show - I do know a lot of folks in the "interesting people" category. Speaking of that, yes, Howard has now gotten the COC dvd in the mail and is trying to set up a movie-watching party featuring that AND The Calamari Wrestler on his 68" HDTV Sony, probably for November.

The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

In about 45 minutes from now (8:00 AM EST - 5:00 AM PST), Cartoon Network will be airing an episode of The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy entitled "The Prank Call of Cthulha". As this is a kids' show that at times has been awash with Lovecraftiana - particularly the episode where moronic Billy finds a copy of the Necronomicon and is temporarily transformed into an evil genius (when Yog Sothoth and the other Outer Gods finally devour him at the end, they promptly spit him back out. Even they can't find any value in the poor, smelly kid) - I figured I should alert anyone out there with Tivo or a TV handy. Unfortunately, The Real Ghostbusters episode "The Collect Call of Cthulhu" from the Eighties is still only available as a bootleg. Jeez, I'm a complete, utter geek.:cthulhu:

Wow. According to this episode of Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Cthulhu owns both a tiki/tentacle-themed cafeteria, a call center boiler-room filled with cubicle-dwelling monsters, and likes to spend his time golfing in two-toned shoes and plaid plus-fours. He's a mediocre golfer with a wise-ass caddy.:cthulhu:

Gah! What's this prog!? Don't think we get it over here. Sound quite funny. Like that dude who does the Cuthooloo strips on the Unspeakable Vault of something or other.
Hmmm, a Cthulhu Call-centre... lol.

"Hi, my name's Nyogtha from "Out Of Space Kitchens", just phoning to ask if you're the homeowner there? That's great! Well, you have the chance of having your kitchen replaced or upgraded at NO COST! What I'll do, is I'll just pass you over to Tsathoggua at Marketing and he'll tell you how you can be in at the chance of this amazing offer! Bye now"

Graeme

Regarding my mystery package from earlier in the week, "Starry Wisdom" has been revealed as Santa Cruz-area Tonmoer Mr. Tom Williams.

Thanks Tom!

bigGdelta said:
its a cartoon about 2 kids who beat death in agame and make him their friend. aka "Grim and Evil". You don't get cartoon network in UK?

Yeah we do, but I don't really watch TV, and so don't know if it's shown here. We hav Toonami as well, which is supposed to be an anime channel, but it only shows cheap western imitations... and Dragonball Z. Bit of a let-down really. I'll have to look for this show though!

Graeme

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back