• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

just place an order for an octo

simple

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
I just placed an order for a medium octopus sp. from marinedepotlive.com I decided to give it a shot since it was only about 27 dollars which is pretty cheap. Hopefully it is a diurnal octopus, since so far i haven't had much luck with getting a good outgoing octo. It should be here friday if everything goes well i will start a journal for it.

That's weird. They have 3 medium octopus from the US (all claiming to be bimaculatus) and each is a different price: $27.57, $44.10, and $52.92. Good job finding the bargain simple! :biggrin2:

yea i noticed that they had three medium octopuses, so i decided might as well just get the cheapest one. I tried to contact them to find out if they could get a picture of the actual item or if not a description but i kept getting referred somewhere else. I emailed them and they told me to call instead, i called they said to email them so they could get in touch with the warehouse, i even posted a question on the forum were i was told to email or call them, so i decided ill just hope for the best. I will post pictures up as soon as i get it.

haha yea, i hate that too, but what bothers me more is that i always try to contact the seller beforehand to see if maybe i can try to id it myself but they are usually reluctant to go out of their way and simply take a picture or describe it to me. If i could get a correct id on an octopus i would be much more willing to pay double the price just for being able to know exactly what im paying for.

I am not giving them excuses but ... The diver that collected Octane does not usually collect octos but happened upon him two days after I told him I wanted one. He stayed with the collector for just under a week with me emailing daily with specific things to look for. I succeeded in driving Lynn nuts and Carol into hysterics but got no answers. The only thing Lynn was able to say is that it looked like it had algae growing all over it when he found it and that it kept changing so he could not describe it. If an experienced (albeit not with and afraid of octos) collector can't provide details, I am not shocked that a warehouse or LFS can do no better.

I cant stand the sellers who dont even try to ID their octos... Mind as well label it (Mollusca sp), might be getting a clam instead of an octo for all I know. I lucked out finding my hummelincki in my LFS that never ever had an octo before, I really am going to hate to try the online thing, as I was lookign at marinedepot also.

i just got my octopus, it is currently acclimating. Check the new journal i made for pics that are soon to come, i decided to name it Dr. Zoidberg, like the guy from futurama.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back