Just ordered my first Bimac

binaryterror

GPO
Registered
I ordered it from marinedepotlive.com. I am just wondering if it will eat the frozen clams and shrimp that I have??? Thanks and how big is he gonna be approx?

marineboy

Wonderpus
Registered
biggest bimac I have seen had a two foot tentacle span and about a 6" mantle. It'll fit in a 50 or 55g so no worries. Depends on what you feed him.

binaryterror

GPO
Registered
lol, yeah I knew that. Sorry I didn't make mjy question clear enough. I meant how big shoulkd I expect him to be when I get him? Because I want to get him a critter cage so i can know he is eating and stuff before I put him in my 55g.

binaryterror

GPO
Registered
Ok, new question. I have 2 Seio poweheads (620gph each) and I am wondering if I am going to need to use some really fine mesh and cover it? I am afraid he might put a tentalce in there and get it chopped off! LMK

marineboy

Wonderpus
Registered
when you get him he will hopefully be small enough for a critter cage.

yeah mesh should do it, as long as its fine enough for brine shrimp it will be good.

binaryterror

GPO
Registered
Great! I just bought a crap load of this plastic meshy stuff. I am gonna use it to cover a 2.5g which I will place in my 55g temperarily. And I will use it to cover the overflow box, the powerheads, and all open spaces. He is coming tomorrow so pics wil come!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Girliness

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean
TONMOCON VI (2015): Taollan
TONMOCON VII (2018): ekocak

About the Monty Awards