Just how hardy are they?

Alot of times i c spear fishers catch an octo only to find that it is under the legal limit and throw it back. But at that point does it even matter? Its allready been poked full of holes... Just how hardy is an octopus? Because if that would be enough to kill it then its no suprise that i never c octos enymore. So can an octo survive a brutal stabbing and live?

No idea, but I'm sure if you manage to stab it right through the head, chances are that it's going to be fish food or be unable to hunt and die.

(Now I wish I can go spearing fishing....DANG YOU! OCTOMUSH!)

There is an idea for a test:

1.Contact a local spear fisherperson. (pc, huh)

2. Shove a spear through their midsection, probably about four inches above the groin would do.*

3. See if they live.

*this is a tongue in cheek post. Do not attempt to do this. Leave it to the professionals.

cthulhu77 said:

2. Shove a spear through their midsection, probably about four inches above the groin would do.*

3. See if they live.

*this is a tongue in cheek post. Do not attempt to do this. Leave it to the professionals.

YOu forgot the part about hoisting it up with it's full body weight hanging from the spear.:evil:

cthulhu77 said:

3. See if they live.

:lol: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :lol:

I would guess that people constantly spear them after getting them cuz it makes them stop moving quicker. I remember they did the same on Iron Chef during the 'octopus battle'...instead, they used hard toothpicks to make the tentacles stop squirming and kill the nerves inside.

If you remember, Octo's have more nerves in their body than in it's brain so they can withstand squirming around for 3 hours after being killed.

I hate seeing them being killed though. Just reminds me on how many people hate them and care less about them because of the way they look rather than knowing how precious their lives are from such a unique species.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back