• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

just cant weight?

octomatic

GPO
Registered
no thats not a typo in my title. this is a question about my tank stand. i bought them together (tank/stand) but im wondering if my stand can support all the weight of my tank. its a 37 gallon. the stand is 30 x 12 and its made of pine, i think its made by perfecto or AGA. anyway im planning to have at least 45lbs of live rock, plus i have a 10 gal sump underneath the display tank. im getting ready to fill it up but im worried about it being too heavy. i figure the stand would have to hold at least 500lbs safely (37 gal full of h20 is 415, 45 LR, about 6 gal h20 in the sump) anyone know if this is ok or if they have the same setup? should I reinforce it? and if so how?

You should be fine. I dont know anyone that bought their tank and stand together and then had a problem. When they build those stands they know people will use live rock and sumps so they make it strong enough to support both.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back