• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Just acquired a Euprymna scolopes

im sure that would be really impresive to see happen in a tank...

Are you planning on getting more of them?

Colin said:
im sure that would be really impresive to see happen in a tank...

Are you planning on getting more of them?

yeah, i'm planning on getting another that is not fully matured as the one I have now, i really want to get another one, they are really wonderful ceph's, hopefully i can get another type of ceph some time soon, also i wonder if they breed in captivity, i haven't heard anything about it, maybe it will be succesful. :biggrin2:
also someone pm'ed me saying if i'm in hawaii, well i'm not , live in the ol' u.s. :smile:

New's has been made, clearly i saw what many of you will hopefully see some day, as many scienist's have examined their symbiotic bacteria, they have been able to see the bioluminesce in action, now I have witnessed the bioluminesce, I can't stress to you all how fascinating it is to see no'r can I tell you that I cannot take flash photos of the critter, It will be a frightening show, being a extremely cute ceph and being able to "glow" is what attracted me to it at first, now if you care to buy one just get one from nrcc.

Unfortunately, people cannot just get one from the NRCC. The NRCC restricts the distribution of its animals:

(quote from website)
Please understand that the NRCC is first and foremost a university based research facility supported by National and State agencies to facilitate research and education efforts using cephalopod molluscs. Because of this we can supply live squids, cuttlefishes, octopuses and chambered Nautilus ONLY to bona-fide researchers officially affiliated with either Public or Private Institutions of Education or Research, educators and teachers at any level via their affiliated institution and Public Aquariums fulfilling their charters for public education. Regrettably, we cannot provide animals to the private sector targeting the home aquarium market. Thank you for your understanding.

So, most of us will not be getting our cephs from there.

Nancy

i got mine while i was in the uni, no wonder, i had also contacted them saying i was a student/advanced aquarist doing research on them(because that's what i am), no wonder, look's like those of you that are ceph nut's won't be able to get one. :cry:

Bob-tail Squid

o.vulgaris -Perhaps you need to start breeding them before yuo stop being an academic!
Still not much good for me - I live on the wrong side of the pond.
Hoping to go down to the sea later this week to see what I can find - probably too late for cuttlefish eggs, especially with the high temperatures recently.
Really could do with sources of cephalopod eggs of smaller species that are capable of doing well in aquaria.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back