just a few more questions about filtering | The Octopus News Magazine Online
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

just a few more questions about filtering

ant

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
What do i use for a filter :bugout:

o and my dad has some brand new canister filters and i was wondering if i could use them for filters

NickA5582

Sepia elegans
Registered
You want one that supplies a lot of oxygen like a wet/dry filter, or the canister filter. Has anyone used a Bio - Wheel? My LFS depends on it.

NickA5582

Sepia elegans
Registered
Me too, but I just had some FW eels a while back and am now just using the FW tank for housing guppies since I can't get shrimp for my seahorses yet. My LFS says you don't need to change the filter cartridges in them but that is probably BS since they also thought octos would eat aiptasia.

ant

Vampyroteuthis
Registered
They are a filter like you would use in a house for filtering drinking water etc. They are 10" 5 mircon sediment cartridge filter in a plastic canister. :)

Colin

TONMO Supporter
Supporter
no, thats a different kind of filter, thats more like reverse osmotic filters... you cant use that in your tank

Nancy

Titanites
Staff member
Ant,

I think you would greatly benefit from visiting a store that sells salt water aquariums and equipment. You could have a look at things and have the sales person show you want goes with what size aquarium. I know you don't live near a big city, but maybe you could find a store and talk your parents into visiting it. You can see some of these things online, but its hard to get an idea of size and how they all work together.

Nancy

Members online

No members online now.

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV: Terri
TONMOCON V: Jean
TONMOCON VI: Taollan
TONMOCON VII: ekocak

About the Monty Awards