jewelry made from cast tentacles

I think we've seen that before, but you found a better link. I'm of mixed emotions on that: it's really cool, but it fails the "no cephalopods were harmed in the making of this jewelery" test. The problem with liking intelligent r-strategists like cephs is that a lot of the "every life is precious" notions that are so much a part of the human moral sense and nurturing offspring are sort of weird... the only argument for it being less moral to use cephs to make jewelery than eating them as sushi is that jewelry seems more vain and superficial than food as sustenance, but I don't know of many cases where octopus is a staple food for humans rather than a luxury food like sushi or tapas... squid, maybe, and it's certainly staple for a lot of fish and marine mammals. Anyway, thanks for the link... I do like this jewelry better than most ceph pieces because it can't help but be anatomically correct...

I have been thinking about that ring for awhile but have some of Monty's thoughts. One side says, being sushi grade should mean that the animal was already doomed to be food (and perhaps no longer viable) so that it is now preserved in replica in stead of going to waste. The other side asks, was this animal killed to make the jewelry? It is the second question that has kept me from a more serious consideration.

DWhatley;118907 said:
The other side asks, was this animal killed to make the jewelry? It is the second question that has kept me from a more serious consideration.

I do not think it was killed. what can be more "real looking" jewelry than this.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back