[Cuttlefish Eggs]: Jabba, Jool, Ziro, Zorba - S. Bandensis

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Reaction score
It is an odd thing to think about him dieing. I expected him to die after a number of different observations and now, I irrationally think he will be with me for a long time.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Reaction score
Jabba passed away on May 5th. He was not interested in eating the night before and I wondered, once again, if this was his last day. I enjoyed hatching and raising this group but probably won't revisit keeping cuttlefish.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Reaction score
As always, it is so sad to go by the tank and look in just to remember it is now empty. You never get used to it but I do get a slow smile when I think of some of the behaviors.

cuttlechris

Wonderpus
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for documenting your trials with cuttlefish as well as you did, It's very inspirational to see; it can be a real struggle raising those tikes. I know you said you won't revisit raising cuttlefish, but I hope you do anyways. :cuttlehi:

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Reaction score
I have learned to never say never :wink:. If I had the space, I would try Officinalis in a heartbeat as well as captive bred flamboyant eggs. The later a possibility a long time down the road.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the nice comments :oops:. I have noted that you are passing it forward with your frequent cycling updates, and I expect your journal will be helpful to many. For new keepers, reading or following along with a member at the same phase of keeping or cycling can really add to the experience and grow confidence.

I tend to be a bit overly verbose at times but there are times when I review my own journals looking for past experiences and am frustrated that I failed to record something that would be helpful.

Do note that I am NOT even close to considering not keeping cephs but have found I prefer octopuses and nautilus to bandensis. I had hoped to keep a new nautilus but that will have to wait until fall (if I am lucky, hopefully I will transport one home after TONMOcon VI but a lot of things have to fall into place). I am looking for an octo (or two) but the heat and availability have not worked out yet.

DWhatley

Kraken
Staff member
Reaction score
:biggrin2: Love open publishing videos, you just never know when they will show up in a bit of cool documentation (check out the "communicating" bandensis at 56 seconds :sagrin:.

I do have questions about the ID of the Day Octopus pictured though @Thales. There is one pictured at the beginning but I believe the captive animal displayed when mentioned is O. hummelincki.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zeppelin

Monty Awards

TONMOCON IV (2011): Terri
TONMOCON V (2013): Jean