Izzy and Bee - O.Mercatoris

Izzy took shrimp on a stick again last night at about 11pm. i am giving her chunks of tail meat about the size of a Lima bean. She played tug o war for a few seconds but was too interested in her diner.

Well, I got a new 'B' just now from Tom.
I just started the drip.

Bee1.jpg

I think I'll call it Bee....

srry, can you rename this thread 'Izzy and Bee - O.Mercatoris'

:bugout: Well I got squirted right in the face. I have Bee in a 2 gallon bucket acclimating, but the bucket is designed for shrimp so it has a lid that i was keeping closed. well i went to check on Bee and I got shot right in the face! I had no idea how hard they could squirt! If it turns out to be a boy I may name it Bulls-eye! :lol:

oh yeah, Izzy took anpther shrimp chunk tonight, but when I got Bee from Tom i picked up some hermits, snails, and decorator crabs for clean-up and octo snacks

Being able to shoot water all the way out of the tank is a first that I can remember for a merc (not uncommon with the larger species though).

I use the strength of Sleazy's squirt as a hands out of tank signal. She has to blow strongly, no whimpy puff, to get me to quit annoying her :wink:

OK Bee is in the tank. Like I did with Izzy, I scooped Bee outta the drip bucket with a beer mug. Then I put a nice clam shell in the glass with Bee and placed the whole thing in the tank. Right now Bee is using the clam shell as a den and is still in the glass.

thanks!

Not exactly sure how it was but i think Bee ate a decorator last night, i found an empty carcass next to the mouth of the beer mug Bee was in, which is the other side of the tank from Izzy.

Well. Not much to report. it been two week for Izzy and one week for Bee. I have not seen either one since I added Bee and the crabs. The decorator crabs are not being eaten but all my small snails are being snacked on by someone.

I have the tank set up with 24/7 red light. I went a bought a florescent red party bulb with a clip on work light. the party bulb is 13 watt with equivalent brightness as a 60 watt bulb.

IMG_0065.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back