• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

I've got cuttles!!!

Perhaps the percent of fertile eggs has something to do with the females' diet. I know the first batch had miserable hatch rate. After I saw that she was laying eggs, I started putting more food to the adults, and hatch rate climbed.
There are probably many more variables I haven't considered, but willing to venture a guess that the adults nutrition has something to do with it.

Ok, ok. here are pics from their first photoshoot, made possible by the generosity of Rryyddeerr :smile: (lent me a breeder net w/ an acrylic pane for viewing)

DSC_0033.JPG

DSC_0034.JPG

DSC_0035.JPG

DSC_0041.JPG

Sorry guys thats the best I could do. I'll be taking them out of the tank for a few minutes tomorrow for maintenance. Hopefully i'll be abele to get clearer shots then.

Its a mod to a commercial net. Its all rryyddeerrs handiwork. He cut out the net on one side and attached an acrylic pane with a few bends to hang on the tank, etc.

the only drawback to adding acrylic is that it adds weight. so you have to figure out how to get the basket to hang properly on the edge of the tank. im sure there are any number of ways to accomplish this, but i figured out how to bend acrylic with a hot air gun and glue it on with hot glue. i love hot glue.

anyways, glad to see they guys are doing well and comfortably chilling out in your macro. is that collected or purchased? ive gotten some just like it from the shore.

actually thats part of my first ever macro, yours snowmaker is doing good too in the tank. I got this in on a frag a year or so back, started the macro addiction :biggrin2:

you see stuff like this at the shore??? I gotta go fish me some up then!!!

now some better pics. I just had to clean the glass lol.

group shot w/ flash. all 5 are there ones just hiding behind the mangrove in the middle you can see him peeping out.
DSC_0047.JPG

another angle, no flash
DSC_0049.JPG

Dinner time!
DSC_0052.JPG

I almost had this great shot of the little guy striking but the focus was off :frown: ... next time.

mmm... amphipod :smile:
DSC_0053.JPG

maybe a pair :biggrin2:
DSC_0054.JPG

Cuttles went MIA when I went to philly for a week. I've given up hope that they are still there now. while I was away I had a flower nem disintegrate. I'm thinking that did them in. :frown: I'll be looking to get some more eggs and try again.

After losing my first batch, I got a lfs to get some hatchings for me, least thats what I think. I dunno what species, neither do they. Picking up weds, this should be fun.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back