• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

ive got a cunning plan

Oh, that was me; I misread it and thought it was saying that if you checked yes, then you would be saying that you should be the one to write the book, and so I checked no. There should be a book out there though, but they could never have as much info as tonmo.com does. :wink:

hmmmm cunning plan, indeed.

With all the ceph owners (and ceph owner-wannabes heh) there's bound to be lots of pictures of their critters and the setups in which they live to populate such a book.

Hmmm actually I was just talking to my mate about writing a book for marine hobbyists by marine hobbyists..... Cos most of the books in the market now at least in Singapore where I come from are books written by scientists and all... so there is not much information on the invertabrates and uncommon fishes..... Its always the standard book describing common fishes like angels and damsels....

I was thinking perhaps we could have a book put together by hobbyists as in that everyone sends in their contribution and accounts of their experiences. Then it could be complied into a either online book or can seek publisher to publish it. Dont u all think that Hobbyists will be able to give a more accurate account of the care and requirements as opposed to normal books?

This is beginning to sound like TONMO.com itself! :wink: But we're free... just a Supporter's area for those who want to... support... and goof off. :smile:

Besides the ceph-care book, I'd personally like to see a book about deep sea cephs...besides the giant squid there is very little in book form about any of the other amazing squids and octopuses out there. (of course I am aware that there is very little information period!)

I would love a book on a GS and Coloassal Squid. Also some more deep sea cephs and maybe some more breif decrptions on deep sea marine life ( just don't write about the hag fish)

Books on marine life are uncommon
Books on deep dea marine life are rare
Books on deep dea ceph is unheard of.
But I'm telling you, I will be the first to contribute.

On the paying thing, I agree we should post it online to update things ( such as new squid length records, weight...etc.
Poeple who are on already on this site beforer the published website should be able to acess it for free.

chrono_war01 said:
Books on marine life are uncommon
Books on deep dea marine life are rare
Books on deep dea ceph is unheard of.
But I'm telling you, I will be the first to contribute.

They are rare, but there is a book out there on Deep Sea Marine Life (at least around NZ!) Called Deep New Zealand by Peter Batson. He has a ceph chapter in it (amongst LOTS of others!) and it has stunning photo's (& yes he's a friend and no I'm not being paid :biggrin2: )

Cheers

J

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back