ITS HERE!

Well, i`m relatively new here and i`ve been scouting for cuttlefish for about a few weeks now, since i live in singapore all i can find is wild caught cuttlefish, but since i`m new at it, i hoping to get to know the needs and all to keeping it, before attempting to breed them . My cuttlefish came in 2 days ago and i purchased 3 , 2 of which the mantle is 1.5 inch long and on about 2 inch long, since living in singapore , i cant find any places that sells live mysid shrimp and i`ve no luck weaning them onto frozen mysid. i`m also wondering if i can feed them guppies being gut loaded with cyclopeeze? this guppies are self bred by me and not bought as feeder fishes as i know there are chances of them carrying dieases. anyway the cuttlefish have settled down and are starting to come out to explore ! i`ll upload pictures as soon as i get some nice pictures! Thanks for reading!!

mcmusashi5;141255 said:
happy you finallly got one

Yeah! i`m happy too, the wait has paid off! i`ve also found a lfs in singapore that does shipping in of cuttlefish eggs, but sadly he would only bring in when someone does a special order, which includes of a min. of 10 cluster, but its pretty cheap, each cluster cost 10 singapore dollars with about 8-12 eggs. so total would be about 100 singapore dollars for approx. 80-100 plus eggs. so right now i`m looking for other cuttlefish lover to see who would like to order with me!

anyway, here are the pictures as promised, though i`m not a really a good photographer! well, i`ve got a question to ask you all, one of my cuttlefish, which mantle measures 2.3 inches long, i think it is blind, due to the fact that whenever i drop live ghost shrimp in, he wouldnt be able to see or show no interest in it whenever i placed it at a distance, but when i place the live shrimp right infront of it, he will show interest and attempt to catch it with his tentacle but he would miss it a few time, but sometimes when the shrimp manage to escape and move further away from him, he would just stop trying as though he cant see it anymore, is this a sign of blindness?

Attachments

• conv_294535.jpg
    conv_294535.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 86
  • conv_294537.jpg
    conv_294537.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 77
  • conv_294538.jpg
    conv_294538.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 97
  • conv_294536.jpg
    conv_294536.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 76
hey everyone, i need some help or advice, the cuttlefish which i think is blind, has like a transparent film over the eye, and it is behaving really wierd, it keeps spinning in circles, help ! what does this mean? also i realise a sudden spurt of parasite, like this little white insect-like thing in my tank. is there a problem?i`m currently running a 3 feet by 1.5 by 1.5 feet tank with a protein skimmer and filter with live rocks . what should i do?

How long did you cycle the tank? The white things are likely copepods (not a problem) but seeing them in mass usually only occurs in a new tank.

i`ve cycled for about a month place, but fishless cycling. i`ve placed in live rocks and live sand with a used filter from the lfs that i bought with the 7 day dosage of bacteria. anyway, my cuttlefish is really acting wierd , esp the blind one? he is spinning non stop and he looks like he is scratching his head against the sand !

sadly, today when i got home from work, i found two of my cuttlefish dead, according to my sister, she said she saw them fighting, its so sad to come to see them dead. now i`m left with one, i hope it doesnt die too

I agree with Blue, 1 month does seem to be very quick to cycle.
Let us know your water test readings are, include your PH also (please) maybe we can be of more help.
The blindness might have been due to new environment and stress. (they are nocturnal)
The not eating might be the change in recognizable food items. (they might like a type of crab or shrimp)
If one was spinning, the other might have attacked it and died in the process.
Keep us up to date on the 3rd.
Remember, WC is nothing like CB and other pathogens and diseases may arise.
I have had seahorse for a few years now, and can never get the COOL looking WC to live for more than 2 months. But the CB are doing GREAT!!!.
Your tank looks awesome and don't be discouraged, we continue to learn.
If you don't know the age of the cuttles, you should also look for eggs within the tank. (just to be sure)
The bigger one seemed to be just a little shy of being an adult, but not positive.

hmm, my ammonia and nitrate and nitrite reading are all showing zero, anyway, the third one is doing great, no problem so far and he`s showing healthy behaviour like coming out to explore and all, yupp i know WC are nothing like CB which is why i would like to get the eggs, but getting 10 clusters of eggs is really alot and i`m trying to find other people in singapore who are interested in it as well

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back