It don't get no fresher than this...

tonmo said:
Yeah, I chose not to even watch it through... the snarky announcer and script shows that the intelligence of the creatures in the dish were superior to those who produced the show... and probably the people eating as well... but I'm more annoyed with the glamorization / exploitation of it all... for some cheap production that was probably watched and quickly forgotten by a few thousand viewers. Pleh!

I was thinking exactly the same thing. OK so maybe it's a traditional way they eat octopus, but the commentator!? Why!
That's just awful!! I really don't think I could eat any animal live! I just feel it's wrong. I've had squid rings before, and breaded cuttlefish, and both are very nice, but I don't know if I could bring myself to eat a poor wee ocopus, dead or alive!

Graeme

Allright, the narration was very bad and seeing them eating alive octopus was not nice to see for me too and I totally relate to that first impression of uncomprehension but octo might prefer dying that way than to struggle for hours on the deck of a ship before they suffocate!
On the other hand eating them like them musn't be very tasty...

eups

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back