Isis O. bimaculoides NEW OCTOPUS Surprise from my Husband!

LOL Does he also choose the exact second you are on the phone to want to start a conversation too? My husband has both problems so maybe its ingrained... you know the whole... No one else gets your complete and undivided attention but me? lol.

I dont think Isis got the memo that shes supposed to be awake during the day. She was out during the day when I first got her but since then she has been coming out later and later and later. The light schedule doesn't seem to help at all and she is more than content to just sit on the LR when the lights are out. Last night she didnt come out till about 7:30. I am thinking that I need to control feedings better. Maybe I should skip feeding today. Normally I feed her a few min after she comes out.

Last night I tried to get Isis to take the octopus toy (with a shrimp on it) off of the center brace of the tank. She got annoyed with me and shot me with her cannon when I wouldnt bring it to her lol. I will keep trying.

I am so excited. I bought the Seachem ammoina tester and LOVE IT. So easy a cave man could do it lol. And, user error proof! Anyway, I posted before how I was having trouble with ammoina this whole week and added a rena XP4 and upgraded my carbon. Well... that did the trick! I am so happy to see NO AMMOINA in my tank. I know that a lot can depend on it but I guess its possible that my sump just wasnt cutting it when it came to Isis' out put.

Isis seems to be very happy out and about this morning. I was kind of surprised to tell you the truth. I lowered the temp of her tank a little bit more yesterday down from 67 to 65. She seems very happy with the change and has been actually swiming. I love to watch them swim. I tried to feed her a shrimp and she wouldnt take it so I offered her a clam and she ignored that too. I wonder whats up.

Food intake is still very much a mystery. There is probably a clue somewhere but I never figure it out. Most keepers go through spells where the octopuses won't eat for a day or two and then things go back to normal but normal is not the same across same species even.

Sedona has done the same thing. She didnt eat for what looked like days and then all at once all the crabs I put in her tank disappeared. I am slowly starting to lower her tank temp as well. Now that I know shes still doing ok and after seeing the possitive change the lower temps have made I am going to lower hers a little bit everyday.

Video of Isis...

So apparently I am completely unable to add a song other than Bring Me to Life on my videos on YouTube… Don’t know why but that’s how it is I guess. Oh and pardon the erratic movement of the camera, my son wanted to see and then wanted down at that time.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back