• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Is your Octo nosey?

Squishy sort of bit both me and my wife several times. He would grab all over your hand, and then you'd feel a sort of poke/pinch. Much less painful than a papercut, but definitely noticeable. He was a bimac, so he wasn't as big as some of the other types people are keeping. I don't know what a bite would be like if it were one of the bigger species.

I think he just got excited. He seemed to like to come out and play tug-of-war quite a bit, and the few times we got bit, it seemed like it was times the game was a bit energetic. In all instances the bites were about the same intensity, never worse than a little poke. Perhaps he was just accidentally scraping us with his beak in the excitement of the game? Most of these bites drew blood, but not as much as the times I've poked myself sewing a button back on my shirt. :lol:

Brian

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back