• TONMOCON VII Announced | MBL at Woods Hole | Apr 6-8, 2018
  • Thanks for visiting! TONMO is the world's greatest online cephalopod enthusiast community, with interactive content going back to May of 2000, and a biennial conference. If you'd like to join in on the fun, become a TONMO member -- it's easy and free. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more cephy goodness.

Is this new video footage of that new Chiroteuthid they are talking about here?

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
Looks like the same footage that was discussed on this thread and also this thread, where the likely ID from :oshea: was Gonatus or Gonatopsis, though it's impossible to be sure.

Ed: Not sure why the first link doesn't work... if you search the forums for 'Mastigoteuthis' it's the first thread that comes up. :hmm:

CapnNemo

Vampyroteuthis
Supporter
Ah! right, thanks, i thought it was new footage, doh! :oops:

I thought it might have been the big fellow with the funny right-angled legs. What is that one called now?

um...

Architeuthis
Supporter
Tintenfisch said:
Looks like the same footage that was discussed on this thread and also this thread, where the likely ID from :oshea: was Gonatus or Gonatopsis, though it's impossible to be sure.

Ed: Not sure why the first link doesn't work... if you search the forums for 'Mastigoteuthis' it's the first thread that comes up. :hmm:
Just a little hiccup. The link in the quote should work.

Tintenfisch

Architeuthis
Staff member
Weird, I still get a 'Page cannot be displayed' error when I click on the original, but the quote works. :confused:

um...

Architeuthis
Supporter
That's because I fixed the quote (with a single keystroke).

Members online

No members online now.