Is Nessy a Squid?

Not sure where this fits in in terms of this forum, but this is an interesting story...

Loch Ness monster: A history of the legendary beast

no I wouldn't have taken it seriously, but I went ahead and put in the long/lat in my google earth program, and it came up just like the picture.

So what is that? Is that a squid? Sure looks like a squid. Could a species of squid have been isolated there in the Loch, adapted and become an indigenous species there in the loch? :roflmao: Well?

Could they have? I know that some species of jellyfish have done this, and aren't all species of freshwater fish originally from the oceans?

I don't know the physiology of squids like a lot of you all do, but COULD they have done this? Sure looks like a squid to me, you can even see the eyes. This would explain a lot of the old pictures too, with the undulating "humps" of the so-called Loch Ness Monster. And the head for that matter.

0_61_320.jpg

That's from the Sun but you can see this yourself on line on google earth or with the stand alone image.

What do you all think?

oh long and lat

in google earth is the following:

57°12'52.13"N, 4°34'14.16"W

Seriously, it shows up just like that pic in the SUN.

Someone tried to call this an eel tonight... uh, no....:roflmao:

Hummingbird;141519 said:
oh and you really have to look at this in google earth, don't rely on that image in this thread.

I have looked at this in google earth. It's near some clouds so it could be a cloud- doubtfull though because of the shape. As for this being a squid, there's WAY too many problems with that. 1) The largest colossal found had a 14 ft (I believe this is correct or close to correct) mantle. Let's say 30-40 ft overall legnth if we're lucky (again, I believe this is correct or close to it). The "squid" here is "64 ft" long and looking at that pic, it looks like the "mantle" would be about 35-40 ft. Starting to see issues yet? 2) This is FRESH WATER (big issue, no cephs live in fresh water) 3)
Squid don't swim like that.

Also, if you look before the "tentacles" you can see a shadow which I believe to be the back of the boat. IMHO, just a boat.

I vote for the BOAT. never saw squid, cuttle, or other ceph with arms sticking out of the mantle area.
The eyes look more like the sides of the boats engine while the engine is running and moving.
They make so many different types and shapes of boats these days, who knows.
JMO
It would be great if it were something. (crossing fingers)

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back