• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Is a protein skimmer necessary

Yay! I got my skimmer in!

The Aqua C Remora just came in the mail! I got this one because of how many people said it works great and worship it:notworth::heart:! The substrate in my tank (aragonite) is settling. Do I need to wait for this before I turn on the filters and skimmer? Also, I am on vacation and found this great man made cement rock in a lake while on a boat:boat:. Can I sanitize this and then use less live rock?

Great - I was going to suggest a Remora. I have used one for 4 years on a 40b and still works like a champ. You should occasionally clean the jet with the supplied brush, esp. if you notice a slight sound difference or it is not pulling much gunk out.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back