iPod Nano not able to download Octopodcasts?

Discussion in 'The Octopus' Den' started by Brock Fluharty, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Brock Fluharty

Brock Fluharty Haliphron Atlanticus Registered

I have an iPod Nano, but it won't let me download the Octopodcasts...does anyone else have a Nano? Maybe i'm doing it wrong...can someone that has an iPod or a nano please guide me through thesteps on how to download things onto the MP3 player?

2. monty

monty Colossal Squid Staff Member Supporter

I've just been downloading the mp3 file and saving it to disk. Um, being lazy, I just use a linux player like mplayer to listen on my laptop, but I believe the following should work:

copy to a machine (Mac or Windows) that has iTunes
    open or import the mp3 file into iTunes
    tell iTunes to put it on your iPod Nano

I could figure out how to do it with my girlfriend's nano and my mac if that's not enough detail, but I'm kinda busy right now...

3. tonmo

tonmo Titanites Staff Member Webmaster Moderator

I noticed that episodes 2 and 3 on my Creative Zen Touch is slowed down to about half speed.... as if the original was too fast-paced to begin with :roll:

I will be uploading different versions, which may help. I'll post here when I do that.

4. Brock Fluharty

I got the first episode onto my iPod, but now I can't get episodes 2 and 3 toopen with Windows Media Player instead of Quicktime. I'm not really sure howI got it onto the iPod. Is there anyway I could search through the iTunes shop, and find it and buy it? This is so confusing...

5. tonmo

I'm sorry Brock! I've uploaded the modified files. I hope they work -- they are 10 megs apiece. Let me know how it goes...

6. Brock Fluharty

They sure do! Thanks a lot! I am going to my room right now tolisten to them all! Have any idea when the March episode will be out?

7. tonmo

This coming weekend I am scheduled to interview Tintenfisch (Kat Bolstad), so I hope to get that done, and get the new one posted before the month ends.

Also have some new music from a couple of different music contributors to "bump" the beginning and end of the show with. So good stuff on the way!

8. Brock Fluharty

I just listened to the first and the second one. Wow. That is so cool. Now I can listen to something in school besides the teachers, lol, jk.