• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Introduction and question about an Octupus' eyes

No worries, glad to see he is improving.

If you think you have a problem then you should go and speak to your vet. I know that this may sound silly but he may be able to help you out. We treat cephs quite a lot here if they come in with damage (newly caught) or just need a pick up.

Oxytetracycline - dichloride is what we use if that helps, if your vet asks at 50mg/litre!

~Andy

I will ask my vet, we are actually going there this weekend anyway for our dogs shots and heartworms, so the timing is perfect. How is it administered?
Mike B

It's designed to treat vibrio in trout and me mixed with fish oil in the food but we move them to quarentine and treat as a solution in the tank, carry out a 50% water change daily and re-administer the full dose. Should do this for 5 days!

He is the only thing in my 40 gallon tank now, so what kind of ratio would I use? Just pour it in and do the water change each day right before I pour it in?
Mike B

Yeah just like that.

Mae sure you speak to your vet tho and get him to administer it, it is an antibiotic and you need a prescription for it.

Anyway I am going to go home and have a bath.

~Andy

Nancy;31493 said:
We really don't recommend keeping fish in the tank with an octopus. Either they do bother the octo and can go for his eyes, or the ocotpus will catch and eat the fish.

Nancy
I was wondering I'm thinking about putting a pygmy in with a FU MANCHU LIONFISH how do you think this will work out let me know thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back