Intro

JoMarie

Hatchling
Registered
Hello!

My name is JoMarie Alba and I recently graduated from the University of Alaska, Southeast with a Bachelor of Science in Marine Biology. As an undergraduate I participated in a variety of research projects that pertain to climate change, environmental toxicology, invertebrate histology, and animal behavior.

In a couple of weeks, I will be heading down to San Diego for an internship at Scripps. I'll be helping out post-doc Dr. Jenny Hofmeister with her research on the predatory behavior of O. bimuculatus.

I find Cephalppods extremely fascinating. I joined TONMO to be a part of community with a similar interests. I am also hoping to gain some insight on current labs that are working on Cephalopods for graduate school.

Thanks and nice to meet you

:welcome: @JoMarie -- thanks for joining! Looking forward to hearing about your studies as it progresses. Feel free to make ample use of our Physiology & Biology forum; it has been fairly dormant but would be great to upstart some interest in this space again! Also check out our species forums, etc. A lot of great content here of interest.

Hello JoMarie,
Welcome to the site! Glad to have you with us. It sounds like you'll be doing some interesting research and we look forward to reading about it!

Nancy

:welcome: @JoMarie ! I know research needs to be protected until papers are published but please share what you can about the environment and interesting observations you encounter with the larger bimac. In years past, we saw quite a few O. bimaculoides but legal restrictions on their acquisition have made them almost impossible to keep at home. I do not recall a confirmed O. bimaculoides being journaled so anything you can contribute about their lifestyle or keeping them in an aquarium would be new material for our keepers.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back