[Octopus]: Intro Casper - O. vulgaris

So today I was watching Casper and she was in 1 corner of her tank. She reached an arm out to the other side and came withing 2" of touching the other side. This tells me she is able to reach 50+ inches already. I expected her to reach 48 by the end but my god she just keeps getting bigger and bigger. I thought I would have some more time to get the larger tank up and running but I think I need to get started.
Not sure if anyone has watched the live stream and its more for me then anything but her head is the size of a melon most of the time. I guess all that good food has helped. When I dont have large blue crabs she eats 5 jumbo frozen shrimp. The other day I got 3 dozen large shrimp. Put 9 in there and they were all gone in 30 mins. These are not the little bait shrimp. These are the large ones. 4-5" My skimmer works overtime and has to be cleaned every week or it will over flow with very dark green thick almost black skim. My collection cup holds about a quart. I am quit shocked I have very little hair algae growing yet. I cant keep the rocks in a nice pile. She moves them all over along with the corals. She has made it to where there is no real cave. She doesnt seem to mind. She is not afraid of anything. The other day my GFs cat "who is a hunter and very large" was sitting on the edge of the desk about 18" away from the tank having a stare down with Casper. Casper lunged forward and spread out and the cat jumped in the air and screamed. Then ran away.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back