Internalization of the shell in Coleoidea

Hello everybody!
I'm finishing my graduation in Biology this year and to conclude it, I have to present a study about a theme of my choice. I'm thinking about doing a review about how the shell in coleoidea got internalized, however, I have absolute no clue on bibliography beside a book of Bizikov that is in russian. Could you please suggest me some papers and/or books that might help me in finishing my work? Thanks! :biggrin2:

PS: Sorry for my bad english. It's been quite a while since I last wrote something in this language. :sad:

I have never attempted Portuguese so you are WAY ahead of me.:wink: You might search around in the fossile threads as there are several discussions and papers listed that might give you some direction.

Posts #38 #39 and #41 in another thread
mhorn;117947 said:
mhorn;117947 said:
Contents:
Donovan S.L. Prof. Desmond T. Donovan - p.5-13.
Arkhipkin A., Laptikhovsky V. Allopatric speciation of the teuthid fauna on the shelf and slope of Northwest Africa – p.15-19.
Bandel K., Stinnesbeck W. Naefia Wetzel 1930 from the Quiriquina Formation (Late Maastrichtian, Chile): relationship to modern Spirula and ancient Coleoidea (Cephalopoda) – p.21-32
Boletzky S. From head to foot - and back again: Brachial crown development in the Coleoidea (Mollusca, Cephalopoda) – p.33-42.
von Byern J., Rudoll L., Gruber D., Klepal W. Comparison of adhesive organ of Idiosepius sp. and Euprymna scolopes - p.43-47.
von Byern J. Pharmacological and histochemical examination of the Vena cephalica of Sepia officinalis L. (Cephalopoda) - p.49-53.
Doguzhaeva L.A., Mapes R.H., Dunca E. A Late Carboniferous adolescent cephalopod from Texas (USA), with a short rostrum and a long body chamber – p.55-68.
Doguzhaeva L.A., Summesberger H., Mutvei H. An unique Upper Triassic Coleoid from the Austrain Alps reveals pro-ostracum and mandibule ultrastructure – p.69-82.
Doguzhaeva L.A., Mutvei H. Ultrastructural and chemical comparison between gladii in living coleoids and Aptian coleoids from Central Russia – p.83-93.
Doguzhaeva L.A., Donovan D.T., Mutvei H. Ultrastructure of Belemnotheutis from the Oxford Clay (Callovian) England, as a key for elucidating the origin of the pro-ostracum – p.95-105.
Dunca E., Doguzhaeva L.A., Schöne B.R., van de Schootbrugge B. Growth patterns in rostra of the Middle Jurassic belemnite Megateuthis giganteus: controlled by the moon? – p.107-117.
Fuchs D. Did ancestral Decabrachia possess a pro-ostracum in their body plan? – p.119-127.
Hernandez Garcla V., Bordes Caballero F., Almonacid E. Can the bathymetric distribution of cephalopods be studied with commercial fishing gears? – p.129-134.
Kost'ak M., Wiese F. Remarks to geographic distribution and phylogeny of the Upper Cretaceous belemnite genus Praeactinocamax Naidin – p.135-139.
Kuba M.J., Zullo L., Byrne R.A., Hochner B. Visual habituation in the common octopus (Octopus vulgaris) – p.141-144.
Nürnberger S., Shigeno S., von Byern J. Distribution pattern of a minimalist - New records for Idiosepius biserialis (Idiosepiidae, Cephalopoda) – p.145-147.
Rogov M., Bizikov V. New data on Middle Jurassic - Lower Cretaceous Belemnotheutidae from Russia. What can shell tell about the animal and its mode of life – p.149-163.
Suwanmala J., von Byern J., Nabhitabhata J. Observation of Idiosepius pygmaeus (Cephalopoda, Idiosepiidae) at Bangrong River, Phuket Island, Thailand – p.165-168.
Svoboda P. Hercynian Cretaceous and "plenus event"- p.169-180.
Weis R., Delsate D. The earliest belemnites: New records from the Hettangian of Belgium end Luxembourg – p.181-184.

mhorn;116181 said:
Rogov M., Bizikov V. (2006) New data on Middle Jurassic-Lower Cretaceous Belemnoteuthidae from Russia. What can shell tell about the animal and its mode of life // Acta Universitatis Carolinae. Geologica. V.49. P.149–163. pdf

this is one of article from special issue of this journal. Full issue devoted to coleoids, but still unavailable online

mhorn;125412 said:
one of the most famous papers on fossil coleoid phylogeny now is freely available!

Jeletzky J.A. (1966) Comparative morphology, phylogeny, and classification of fossil Coleoidea // University of Kansas Paleontological Contributions. Article 7. 162 p., 25 pl., 15 fig.
pdf: https://kuscholarworks.ku.edu/dspace/bitstream/1808/3816/1/paleo.article.042.pdf

...and one of the newest review of cephalopod evolution and phylogeny:
Nishiguchi M.K., Mapes R. ( 2008) Cephalopoda // In: W. Ponder and D. Lindberg (eds), Phylogeny and Evolution of the Mollusca. University of California Press, Berkeley, CA, pp. 163-199.
pdf: http://biology-web.nmsu.edu/nish/Documents/reprints & supplemental/Nishiguchi and MapesCh08.pdf

(other publications written by members of "The Nishiguchi Laboratory of Marine Symbiosis" are also available through http://biology-web.nmsu.edu/nish/docs.html)

[/URL], list a few of the newest papers on the fossil Coleoids, some of them may be useful.

THANKS!!!!

dwhatley;148185 said:
I have never attempted Portuguese so you are WAY ahead of me.:wink: You might search around in the fossile threads as there are several discussions and papers listed that might give you some direction.

That's not difficult to speak Portuguese at all. If you try it, I'm sure you'll be able to speak it in no time, dwhatley. :biggrin2:

And thanks both of you Architeuthoceras and dwhatley for the help in the suggestion and in the bibliography! That helped me a lot! Now all I have to do is begin to read and write the work... :lol: See you guys!

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back