• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Interesting Behavior Stories

angelsnake

Hatchling
Registered
Greetings TONMO,
I'm a Biology student and have to do a presentation for my speech class. I've chosen cuttlefish as my subject and would like to tailor my presentation to a classroom full of non-biology students by dotting my speech with interesting behavior patterns or funny stories. I would welcome any funny, cute or unusual experiences you might like to share with me about how your cuttlefish have interacted with you, other cuttlefish, or other creatures or objects.

Also, I'm trying to locate an article I came across a few years ago about scientists who said the cuttlefish in their tanks were very playful with people. The cuttlefish would grab their hands and curl their tenticles around them. Also, when a guest researcher had entered the tank room, one of the cuttlefish squirted a blast of water at this unknown person as an unfriendly greeting. This was such an endearing story but I just can't seem to find it anywhere on the net. If anyone remembers this article, please let me know if you saved it or remember anything to add.

Thank you so much for your help.

Cynthia

Hi Cynthia and welcome to TONMO.com!

You've chosen an interesting topic for your presentation. The first thing I'd suggest is to watch the video "Intelligent Suckers" - there's a cuttfish segment there where the cuttlefish come up and greet the people they know.

I know some of our ceph keepers have stories - it just may take them a few days to reply.

Nancy

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back