• Looking to buy a cephalopod? Check out Tomh's Cephs Forum, and this post in particular shares important info about our policies as it relates to responsible ceph-keeping.

Inside measurements of a 55 gallon tank

Hi all. I have a normal 55 gallon tank that I am designing a tank lid for but am worried about my measurements. I get different results than my husband and this freaks me out. The last thing I want is to order and pay for this and I be wrong. Can someone help me out on the inside of the lip measurements of a standard 55? And if you are feeling froggy... I have a CPR CS 150 over flow. Let me know if you have any ideas to get the proper numbers.

Templates are always the way to go when you can't really measure well (and I often do them even when I can to allow for not getting the ruler quite straight or finding that one side is different from the other because of a flaw in manufacturing).

I had been worried about overflowing and then I had a thought... those people must be using an ATO... I do as well but for a while, until I know the in's and out's of the CPR over flow I will just leave it off.

Shop Amazon

Shop Amazon
Shop Amazon; support TONMO!
Shop Amazon
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.
Back